Friday, August 15, 2008

Feeling sad...

D.A. and D.P. have completed swim lessons. The pool is closing.

There are no more summer programs at the library.

With the forecast crying rain each day before school starts, I’m avoiding the beach.

We’ve shopped for new school clothes and supplies.

Summer is almost over. :-)

I guess I feel sad about this because I had planned what I thought would be exciting activities for the last full week of summer. We met friends at Chuck E Cheese on Monday and yesterday the kids enjoyed the Ultimate Party Play Zone. We did not, however, get to go to the beach nor the pool due to weather. Also, we skipped the aquarium because I was asked by family/friends to watch their children on Tuesday and Friday. I do not have enough seats in my car to travel with more than one extra child.

I am also sad about summer ending because this is my last summer home with the kids before I return to work next year (praying I get a job in my new career field!)

The kids are eager to start school however. This is a good thing. D.P. just can’t wait to use his new backpack. It is actually a pack for a laptop computer which is why I think he is so in love with it. D.A. is already convinced she will not like her 1st grade teacher (I don’t know why when she is one of the nicest teachers in the school).

Tomorrow, my brother will be moving to California. I cannot say that I will miss him exactly. He was in the military for 15 years and moved around so much that it seems normal for our relationship to be distant. I will miss my niece age 2 and nephew age 3 months.

Today, he stopped by my house and I really didn’t want to visit with him because I feel so irritated. He planned my dad’s first to visit with him in California during Thanksgiving. This was done without one mention to me of the time frame for his visit. This upsets me so much because Thanksgiving has always been the biggest holiday in our home. And this year will be the first since Mom passed. Now, I am not upset that dad is going to CA—I am upset that this was done without even informing me.

Our family has spent Thanksgiving at my house every year for the past 12 Thanksgivings. The least they could have done was mention this to me before I paid for dad’s ticket with my credit card.

I’m just a little upset…

No comments: