Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mornings with Matt Lauer

My daughter is enamored with Matt Lauer.

I usually turn on The Today Show each morning and listen to it as I get dressed for the day. She always wakes up when she hears it come on and will sit on the couch and watch intently. She talks about Matt Lauer as we watch the show...I like his suit...He is a smart man...he laughs all the time--stuff like that.

Well, I didn't appreciate the depth of her devotion until this morning.

She crawled into bed with me before I was awake and turned the TV on to The Today Show. I did not open my eyes but I was awake at this point. Next, I hear her mumble "Where is Matt?" (it is Saturday so he is not on). I can't help but giggle causing her to get totally irate. She starts to yell at me "what?! I like Matt Lauer!"

I secretly don't blame her--I mean, just look at him!

No comments: