Thursday, July 23, 2009

#1 Publix Superfan!



We are in lockdown mode-d has strep throat. He also has Swimmer's Ear (a non-contagious ear infection likely resulting from too much time in the pool).

Anyway, Publix is offering FREE antibiotics. This is especially helpful after the doctor visit cost me $50. Insurance is helpful but the co-pays are still painful when you are on a tight budget.

Publix has always been a good place to shop. True story...my husband collected the Thanksgiving Pilgrim dishware that Publix formerly released every year. Two years ago, I accidentally broke one of his salt/pepper shakers and he was FURIOUS with me. I felt terrible as I knew how much he treasured his little pilgrims.

Because I am/was a thoughtful wife, and was tired of living with the guilt, I e-mailed Publix in hopes of obtaining a new shaker from a collection that was discontinued. I explained in detail my husband's devotion to the collection and shortly thereafter, I received several calls from a Publix store manager attempting to contact me about possibly replacing the shaker.

It was during this time, my mom was diagnosed with glial-blastoma. I put everything on the back burner if it didn't relate to my mom. Well, this manager was so concerned about my husband getting the replacement that he actually drove to my house to drop it off! I was in such shock that I didn't even think to pay him for it until after he left. My husband went to the store the next day but the manager was not in and the staff had no idea what he was talking about. So, he left his contact information so the manager could reach him to work out payment arrangements. We never heard from him.

Now that is service! Worth every penny of the $80,000+ a store manager makes a year!

No comments: