Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sleepover


D.P. has been inviting his best friend from school to our house for a sleepover since October. I have tried to befriend the student's mother, however, it is just not working out. (I perceive the barrier may be due to cultural differences. Their family is from Thailand. I totally understand their hesitation but it is frustrating for me because my son dearly loves their little boy and is just dying to have him spend the night).

Well, tonight at bedtime the subject of a sleepover came up again. Apparently, the friend told D.P. his parents do not want him to sleepover because he has a nut allergy.

D.P. does not take "no" for an answer. He is planning a fun evening of video games and homemade lemonade. He wants to squeeze the juice from fresh lemons so his friend can experience how good it tastes. D.P. pleaded with me to call the friend's mother again because he wants her to understand that he would never put nuts in lemonade because "one, it just doesn't taste good and, two, I would never do anything to hurt my best friend in the world".

I told him I would try to talk to her again this week.

By the way, that is really how D.P. sleeps. Like a picture in a storybook.

His sister sleeps like she just got kicked out of the toga party at the local frat house...

No comments: