Friday, July 25, 2008

Momentous Day.

My 6 y.o. daughter, D.A., lost her first tooth yesterday.






The tooth has been loose for weeks now. She wiggled it everyday but it just never seemed to loosen enough to come out despite her diligence. She is a thumbsucker so everytime I saw her start to put her thumb in her mouth I would suggest she wiggle her tooth instead.

She woke up complaining, or I mean WHINING, that the loose tooth was bothering her. I gave her the casual, "keep wiggling it" but after an hour of listening to her complain/whine I finally gave in and said "JUST PULL IT OUT". Well, she turned around walked straight to the bathroom to do just that. She was so proud of her bravery.

The tooth is now with the Tooth Fairy who will keep all of her baby teeth until she turns 18. (How else would I explain how I get the teeth back for safe keeping. Which that brings up another topic...why do mothers save things they would otherwise not want anything to do with? Like teeth or hair from the first haircut.)

She celebrated by enjoying a breakfast of rainbow colored scrambled eggs.




No comments: